Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 5 days ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits. The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss: using data to improve organizational effectiveness, measuring impact, using data for storytelling, tools for data management and analysis, figuring out the “right” data to collect, and learning skills to help us use data better.

Raiser's Edge to Salesforce - How to keep it simplest?

• 1.  Raiser's Edge to Salesforce - How to keep it simplest?

Posted Mar 27, 2019 17:22

Hi community, here's a crosspost from the general Discuss forum, posted here after a smart suggestion from another community member:

I was shocked not to find this thread already existing in the forums, so if someone else can point me to that resource, I'll take it, but in the meantime:

My org is looking to transfer about 6000 donor records from Raiser's Edge to a Nonprofit Starter Pack of Salesforce. We are, of course, aiming to do this as quickly and inexpensively as possible, while also attending to quality.

Questions:
    1. If you have you made this particular move recently, what are some lessons learned from successes and mistakes that my org might learn from you?
    2. Do we really need to hire a third-party consultant to make this initial move?
    3. What are some questions we should be asking of Salesforce to get off on the right foot? What about questions of Raiser's Edge to ensure a complete export?
    4. What else am I not even asking?

Thanks, all - we will deeply appreciate any insight you can offer! Excited to hear about your experiences.
    Amy

------------------------------
    Amy Greenwood
    Director of Operations & Data
    Urban Assembly
    New York, NY
    ------------------------------
    Tech Accelerate