We are a small nonprofit that for the last seven years has been using CiviCRM a web-based, open source CRM. Out of the box, CiviCRM handles contact management, contributions, memberships, events/event registrations and e-mail marketing. CiviCRM can also be easily customized using Civi-Extensions, one of which, CiviVolunteer provides tools for signing up, managing and tracking volunteers.
· Open Source
· Constantly being updated
· Easy to use, once you understand its structure.
· Available for Drupal and WordPress (we are a Drupal installation)
· Excellent search functionality
· Staff training a must – so business processes are mapped to CiviCRM functions.
· Not really free – You'll have to hire a consultant to migrate your data to CiviCRM. You could do it yourself, but having someone who knows Civi and can translate your current database and needs into the best structure is very important.
· CiviCRM comes with a bunch of standard reports, but doesn't have a report writer. If you need customized reports, you will again need a consultant.
Director of Online Services & Technology | Chorus America
202.331.7577 x246 | Fax 202.331.7599
1200 18th Street NW | Suite 1250 | Washington, DC 20036
Chorus America is the national advocacy, research, and leadership development
association for choruses, choral leaders, and singers. www.chorusamerica.org