Digital Inclusion

last person joined: 27 days ago 

Help close the digital divide! Join us in supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. This Digital Inclusion group is focused on supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. It is designed to build community around digital inclusion and connect actors committed to helping close the digital divide.
  • 1.  library hotspots and CIPA

Posted Aug 08, 2019 17:16
    Hi y'all,

My library is about to roll out a hotspot lending program. We are also building out broadband access at all our branches with the help of e-rate funding. My question is about Child Internet Protection Act (CIPA) compliance. We have recently installed a content filter on all our staff and public access computers in order to comply with the terms of e-rate, but I'm wondering if we also have to apply a filter to the wifi hotspots we're lending out (to be clear they are not funded by e-rate). Looking around online, I am not finding a definitive answer to this question. I would prefer not to have to filter the hotspots (obviously), but don't want to jeopardize our e-rate compliance! I would appreciate any thoughts from folks with e-rate experience.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Ellie Avis (she/her)
    Williams Branch Manager
    Josephine Community Library District
    Williams, OR
    ------------------------------
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline