Digital Inclusion

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Help close the digital divide! Join us in supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. This Digital Inclusion group is focused on supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. It is designed to build community around digital inclusion and connect actors committed to helping close the digital divide.
  • 1.  Digital Civics Toolkit

Posted Nov 05, 2018 00:36
    DI Community,

I recently received an email announcing the release of a digital civics toolkit, and after doing some of my own exploring, it seems like a great resource.  It's designed primarily for youth, but many of the activities I looked at seemed like they could easily be adapted for adults.  They are both focused on digital learning, but also quite interactive, encourages students to connect with each other.  Here's a quick overview of the different modules:

• Participate. In this module, students explore their identities and communities, identify issues that matter to them, and consider how they could use digital media to act.
    • Investigate. Students learn to analyze civic information online and consider what information they can trust.
    • Dialogue. Here, students practice strategies for navigating diverse perspectives and exchanging ideas about civic issues.
    • Voice. Students explore how and why they might create, remix, and share civic or political content in online spaces.
    • Action. Here, students consider a broad range of tactics and strategies for acting on civic issues - everything from civil disobedience to Facebook likes.

If anyone ends up using the toolkit, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
    Leana

------------------------------
    Leana Mayzlina (pronouns: she/her)
    Senior Digital Inclusion Manager, NTEN
    503-272-8743
    leana@nten.org
    nten.org @NTENorg
    ------------------------------
    Tech Accelerate