Digital Inclusion

last person joined: 29 days ago 

Help close the digital divide! Join us in supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. This Digital Inclusion group is focused on supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. It is designed to build community around digital inclusion and connect actors committed to helping close the digital divide.

BeinternetawesomewithGoogle

• 1.  BeinternetawesomewithGoogle

Posted Jan 19, 2018 11:26
    Hello everyone,
    I promised Leana I would post this website and just remembered I hadn't done so.  Google has created this website that you can find here: https://beinternetawesome.withgoogle.com/

It's a really fun website and a great curriculum for teaching internet safety, passwords, preventing cyberbullying and being more careful with the information shared on social media.  There are games for younger children, but there are also full lesson plans that include group activities and role playing for teenagers and adults.  There is also a training center for educators and beautiful posters for schools to use.  They have even included letter templates to send out to parents when promoting the workshop.

I used it a couple of times with parents and their students as well as helping senior citizens understand social media sharing.  I also went through some of the trainings in the training center.  And found the information very helpful to include in the lessons with the parents.

------------------------------
    Necole Durham
    Impact Church
    Atlanta, GA
    ------------------------------
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: BeinternetawesomewithGoogle

Posted Jan 19, 2018 13:24
    Thank you for sharing this resource, Necole!

Leana Mayzlina
    Senior Digital Inclusion Manager
    NTEN: The Nonprofit Technology Network

Direct: 503.272.8743

The 2018 Nonprofit Technology Conference is your best chance to get the valuable nonprofit technology tools, skills, and connections you need to make a difference in the world-and your career.

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline