Digital Inclusion

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Help close the digital divide! Join us in supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. This Digital Inclusion group is focused on supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. It is designed to build community around digital inclusion and connect actors committed to helping close the digital divide.

Digital Literacy

• 1.  Digital Literacy

Posted Apr 03, 2018 14:32

My name is Collette Carr and I have recently joined AmeriCorps as a VISTA assigned to Skid Row Housing Trust.  Skid Row Housing Trust (the Trust) provides permanent supportive housing so that people who have experienced homelessness, prolonged extreme poverty, poor health, disabilities, mental illness and/or addiction can lead safe, stable lives in wellness. You can read more about them at www.skidrow.org . My task is  to promote Computer Literacy within their resident community to prepare them to join today's workforce or just better address today's technology. 

I recently, this morning, came across your article "5 Steps to Launching a New Digital Literacy Program at Your Non-Profit"  and if possible I would like to spend some time with someone and discuss what it takes to make a successful pilot and avoid or eliminate  ANY pitfalls and improve my chances of making this project a success. 

If you could either call me or direct this message some one that might be able to assist me,  I would be ever so grateful. 

------------------------------
    Collette Carr
    VISTA @
    Skid Row Housing Trust
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Digital Literacy

Posted Apr 03, 2018 15:06
    Hi Colette, what an important mission. I'd love to hear more about your goals for the project. We may have some value to bring as we worked with The Weingart Center on Skid Row earlier this year.

Jared Sheehan
    Chief Executive Officer
    Jared@pwrdby.com
    513.288.5937 | mobile

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Digital Literacy

Posted Apr 04, 2018 17:47
    Hi!

I'd be very happy to connect with you regarding the digital inclusion efforts I have supported and led in the past. Please email me directly to arrange a time - deb@nextcenturycities.org.

Thanks,
    Deb

Deb Socia
    Executive Director
    Next Century Cities
    Washington, DC

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: Digital Literacy

Posted Apr 09, 2018 09:18
    Hi Collette,

Your VISTA assignment sounds really cool! I just finished up my VISTAship as a ConnectHome VISTA last month. This is going to be a very exciting year for you, especially if this is your first time in the Digital Inclusion sphere.

Feel free to reach out. I am definitely willing to share my experience and that of other ConnectHome VISTAs around the country who worked on providing digital literacy classes and more to help bridge the digital divide over the past year.

Bianca Rozenblad
    Digital Inclusion Coordinator
    rozenbladb@cmha.net
    Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority

Tech Accelerate