2019 Nonprofit Technology Conference NTC

last person joined: 7 minutes ago 

This is the community forum for 2019 Nonprofit Technology Conference (#19NTC) registrants. Use this group ask and answer questions, talk about the sessions that you're presenting or that you're excited to attend, and find other attendees to connect with before or during the conference.

Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

• 1.  Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 20 days ago
    Hi Everyone,
    I manage Oracle NetSuite's global pro bono programs, and I am really excited to learn and connect/reconnect with everyone at NTC this year. Our Social Impact division is relatively equivalent to a corporate social responsibility (CSR) department at other companies.

I'd love to meet up with fellow conference attendees working in CSR. Anyone else attending who fits that description? If so, reply to this thread and we'll take it from there...hopefully finding a time to meet and learn from each other.

------------------------------
    Debra Askanase
    Oracle NetSuite Social Impact Manager
    Waltham MA
    (617) 682-2977

• 2.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 19 days ago
    Hi Debra,

I'd be interested in meeting up. I don't work in a CSR department, but I'm eager to learn more about CSR strategy and operations. My background is in strategy (with a digital emphasis) for nonprofits and government agencies, and that still represents about half of my work. But in the last 2 years, I've branched out and started working with commercial clients such as Salesforce and IBM on their brand community programs. CSR seems like a logical space to explore at the intersection of my interests and experience.

Best,
    Brian

Brian Pagels
    Brian Pagels Strategic Consulting
    Alexandria, VA

• 3.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 19 days ago
    Cool! Maybe we can meet during one of the lunches? Anyone else interested in joining us?

Debra Askanase
    Waltham MA
    (617) 682-2977

• 4.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 18 days ago
    Hi Debra,

I'd be interested in meeting up as well. I work at Tides, a social impact investing and advising group based in San Francisco, and we're learning how companies across a wide spectrum (start-ups to industry leaders) are approaching social impact in their work. We also support a number of existing partners with their strategy and execution.

Looking forward to hearing where everyone is coming from and what impact they're looking to have!

Thanks,

Eric

Eric Firnhaber
    Senior Communications Manager
    Tides
    San Francisco, CA

• 5.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 19 days ago
    Hey Debra,

I am with an organization called Cause Inspired and we have been developing a market place for nonprofits and company/corporate sponsors to connect. I would love your input! We are looking to really change how organizations (nonprofits and companies) view their relationships and CSR departments.

Best Regards,

Joshua A. Lusk
    Founder - CEO
    Cause Inspired Media
    904-429-7575 x101
    2200 N Ponce de Leon Blvd STE 6, St Augustine, FL 32084

Joshua Lusk
    Cause Inspired Media
    St Augustine, FL

• 6.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 17 days ago
    Hi Debra,

I'm interested in connecting with this group. I serve as an Advisory Member to the Georgia Social Impact Collaborative (GSIC) and am interested in learning more about what is going on in the CSR/Impact Investment space around the country. I'm also speaking at NTC on Measuring ROI on Technology-Related Investments Wednesday at 10:30am PST.

I'm already booked for lunch Wednesday but available the other days of the conference.

Best,
    Sean Williams

Sean Williams
    Nonprofit Operations Consultant
    TechBridge
    Atlanta, GA

• 7.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 17 days ago
    Perhaps we can meet for lunch on Thursday the 14th?

Brian Pagels
    Brian Pagels Consulting
    Alexandria, VA

• 8.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 17 days ago
    Yahoo - we have a group! Let's meet Thursday for lunch. I hope that works for most of us. I have a 1:15 hard stop, so hoping that gives us enough time. If not, we could always continue the discussion on Friday at lunch :-)

In reading the map of the Exhibit hall (lunch location), it looks like an obvious location is just to the right of the main entrance, in front of booth 201. I'll also try to connect with all of you on the 19NTC app so it'll be easy to communicate. If we can't find a table together, I am assuming we can go somewhere in the convention center to find a spot to sit and eat.

If anyone has better ideas...I'm open!

Debra Askanase
    Waltham MA
    (617) 682-2977

• 9.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 17 days ago

FYI - I also added it to the self-organized events doc: 19NTC Community-Organized Events under Day 2 | Thursday, March 14th. If you are interested in joining the lunch, it would be helpful if you signed up to it on the Google doc, adding your name and email. That way I'll know how many to expect at lunch.
    Thanks!

Debra

Debra Askanase
    Waltham MA
    (617) 682-2977

• 10.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 17 days ago
    Thanks so much for organizing, Debra. Lunch Thursday sounds great, and I just signed up on the Google doc.

Looking forward to the conversation -- thanks!

Eric

Eric Firnhaber
    Senior Communications Manager
    Tides
    San Francisco, CA

• 11.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 16 days ago
    I'd love to sit in on this lunch as well! Thanks for organizing!

Jacob Board
    Communications Director
    Nonprofit Center of Northeast Florida
    Jacksonville, FL

• 12.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 16 days ago
    Thank you, Debra. I've signed up myself along with my colleague, @Karen Cramer​. We look forward to meeting you!

Sean Williams
    Nonprofit Operations Consultant
    TechBridge
    Atlanta, GA

• 13.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 10 days ago
    We are at the main entrance now to the exhibit hall. We are sitting (2 of us now) at a table  furthest edge near main entrance, second table from the rear.

Debra Askanase
    Waltham MA
    (617) 682-2977

• 14.  RE: Corporate Social Responsibility meetup?

Posted 6 days ago
    Hey Lunchmates, 

I had a great time discussing some challenges you all have and hearing about your organizations. If you would like to follow up, below is my contact information. Please reach out! 

Best Regards, 

Joshua A. Lusk
    Founder - CEO
    Cause Inspired Media
    904-429-7575 x101
    2200 N Ponce de Leon Blvd STE 6, St Augustine, FL 32084