2019 Nonprofit Technology Conference NTC

last person joined: an hour ago 

This is the community forum for 2019 Nonprofit Technology Conference (#19NTC) registrants. Use this group ask and answer questions, talk about the sessions that you're presenting or that you're excited to attend, and find other attendees to connect with before or during the conference.

Pre/Post NTC Hangouts!

• 1.  Pre/Post NTC Hangouts!

Posted 10 days ago
    Hello All,

Starting this thread to brainstorm activities pre/post convention!

I have a specific idea for a trip to Timberline after the PreCon on the 12th. PreCon ends at 3:15, an hour to Timberline, shred till 9PM...all this of course depending on how much snow there is ^o^

Thoughts?

------------------------------
    Jessica Liu
    Digital Media Trainer
    MetroEast Community Media
    Gresham, OR

• 2.  RE: Pre/Post NTC Hangouts!

Posted 9 days ago
    This sounds awesome! I'd love to - however i haven't gone skiing.....ever...and the last time I snowboarded was AWHILE AGO. Keep me posted tho, I'm probably more coordinated than i was back then

Alex Wu
    Chicago, IL

• 3.  RE: Pre/Post NTC Hangouts!

Posted 8 days ago
    Hi Jessica,

Thank you for starting this conversation! I'm a first-timer at #19NTC, although I am no stranger to NTEN community.

One dumb question: the agenda looks quite full right now. Will there be time to do other activities? What times do you envision for these? I can imagine that some might extend their stay over the weekend, but for those who plan to leave by Fri evening, will there be opportunities to do things other than conference related activities?

Thank you,
    Medha

Medha Nanal
    Strategic Data/Database Consultant for Nonprofits (Fundraising, Operations, Programs)
    www.topcloudconsult.com
    medhananal@topcloudconsult.com

• 4.  RE: Pre/Post NTC Hangouts!

STAFF
    Posted 8 days ago
    Aside from Timberline (I commend you Jessica! Take everyone you can rally for a late afternoon on Wy'east), there are loads of downtown or on the way to or from the NTC hotels-type spots to see. Our schedule each day is a little longer this year, but there's still time to see the sites. I found this blog that lists awesome Instagramable sites around town and was surprised to see how many were either on my commute, near the convention center or in my very own neighborhood. Check it out! Even if you aren't an Instagrammer, these are some awesome experiences.

We'll have active sessions each day at lunch that can help you get a PDX (insider lingo) experience. Walking the waterfront, yoga with a view, and more.

While our programming might run a little longer, there's only so much learnin' a brain can make space for. Make a little you time where you can to see the city.

Andrea Post
    Conference Director
    NTEN
    Portland, OR

• 5.  RE: Pre/Post NTC Hangouts!

Posted 7 days ago
    I suppose after the conference is probably better timing ^o^; there's already another thread going on for other activities to do, so I'll move this over there.
    Snow is good at the moment, I can post a conditions update closer to the con so folks can plan accordingly.

Jessica Liu
    Digital Media Trainer
    MetroEast Community Media
    Gresham, OR