2019 Nonprofit Technology Conference NTC

Rain Garden at the Oregon Convention Center!

• 1.  Rain Garden at the Oregon Convention Center!

Posted Mar 11, 2019 23:11
    I lived the first half of my life in the Pacific Northwest and it is my terroir, part of my being. Now myself firmly situated in the City of Angels, 2019 has brought us cold and windy Pacific Northwest style rains. While seeking a solution to rainwater issues at my home, I came across the concept of Artful Rainwater Design (much of which originated in Portland) and an exemplary installation – the Rain Garden at the Oregon Convention Center!

It is an creative and innovative site that treats rain as a beautiful and valuable resource with the message: rain from rooftop to river. Water from the 5.5 acre (!) roof drains into giant scuppers, drops into a series of biofiltration basins, and infiltrates into the landscape, sending hardly any water into the nearby Willamette River.

I'll be visiting it and encourage others to take time to do the same; LMK if you want to hang out!

You can also check out 47 more sites in a city leading in green infrastructure at the Landscape Architect's Guide to Portland OR. Welcome to my birthplace :)

Oregon Convention Center

------------------------------
    Karen Borchgrevink
    Los Angeles CA
    Nonprofit Tech Clubs

• 2.  RE: Rain Garden at the Oregon Convention Center!

Posted Mar 12, 2019 14:36
    Thank you, Karen. I will be checking this garden out.

Doug Agee
    Online Community Manager
    Trout Unlimited
    Salt Lake City UT

Nonprofit Tech Clubs