Discuss

last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources.
Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

New to the group? Introduce yourself!
Reminder: Job posts are not allowed. Please visit the Nonprofit Tech Job Board to post a job or search for career opportunities.
Short link: http://community.nten.org/ntendiscuss

Subject: Will anyone take my survey for a School Project?

1.  Will anyone take my survey for a School Project?

Posted Feb 02, 2017 17:10
I am in a venture start up class and have decided to look into the idea of starting a customizable computer company (like Dell or HP) that donates 5% of the cost to a charity of the customers' choice.

I'm hoping on some input from people that I know care about the non-profit community.

Rate Questions 1 - 4 on a scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest) based on the context of the question.

1. How likely are you to purchase a computer from a new customizable computer manufacturer that uses well-known brand name parts?

1. How likely would you be to try out the new customizable computer manufacturer if they offered a 2-year warranty on all the hardware that originally came inside the PC?

1. If your customizable computer had the attributes from questions 1 & 2 and 5% of your purchase price went to a charity of your choice would you buy it if it was cheaper than a similar computer from Dell or HP?

1. If your customizable computer had the attributes from questions 1 & 2 and 5% of your purchase price went to a charity of your choice would you buy it if it was the same price as a similar computer from Dell or HP?

1. Did any thoughts come to mind that you would like to share?

If you have time – please check out the next question

This is a wireframe example of the kind of website my company idea would use (https://brandocrozier.wixsite.com/charitablecomputers). Please take a 5 minute look around and share any input you have (the blog posts are obviously markers).

Maybe take note of the Charities feature and/or the use of a blog.

------------------------------
Brando Crozier
------------------------------