WordPress

last person joined: 2 days ago 

A place for nonprofit WordPress developers and content managers of all skill levels.
The WordPress group is an engaged network of WordPress developers and content managers, for all skill levels, by WordPress users for WordPress users, to encourage the usage of and advocate for WordPress.

Our goal: to support nonprofit organizations using (or interested in using) WordPress. Additionally, this is a safe and friendly place for beginning WordPress developers and users to ask questions and connect to like-minded people.

Current organizers: Cindy Leonard, Jason King, and Mark Root-Wiley
Short link: http://community.nten.org/wordpress
Anyone can join and contribute to this group! Just create an account to get started.

1.  [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 12:21

Did you know that you can import data from Google Sheets into Google Maps? I didn't until recently, but it's awesome.

And so that let us show where all the survey respondents are in the world and how long they've been members! Darker purple is longer.

leVq3vEQRESlnrrXtISL_NTEN WordPress Online Community Map.png

You can zoom in and click around on the full-size map.

A couple notes:

• Vague or colorful descriptions of your location were a) fun! and b) hard to map. I cleaned up the descriptions at the cost of accuracy.
  • Did you know this forum has only been going for 2 years? I didn't when I took the survey and put longer than that! All answers over 2 were changed to 2.

Our group is concentrated in the US and Canada but we have members all over the map. Literally! We'll keep posting results from the survey, but we'll probably always come back to this point: we clearly have a fabulous collection of member from different places and with different levels of WordPress experience. We hope we can find ways to get everyone talking, sharing, and supporting each other.

------------------------------
Mark Root-Wiley

MRW Web Design / MRWweb.com / @MRWweb
Thoughtful WordPress Website for Nonprofits & Mission-Driven Organizations
Seattle, WA

2.  RE: [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 21, 2016 12:27
Mark, 

Jason was right, you are a super computer disguised as a human.  :)

I didn't know you could do that with Google Maps and Sheets - that's amazing!  Thanks for sharing this with us.

Cindy

Cindy Leonard, Consulting Team Leader
Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University, 
339 Sixth Ave, Ste 750, Pgh, PA 15222
p 412-397-6007 | f 412-397-6016 | leonard@rmu.edu | www.bcnm-rmu.org

It's time for TechNow! Register today to receive Early Bird rates! www.technowconference.org

3.  RE: [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 22, 2016 03:20

OK, that's impressive. You have been upgraded to MARK II Supercomputer.

WordCamp Europe was massive, biggest WordCamp ever. So we really ought to have more Europeans. Whoever is in Barcelona, please say hello, I'm not far from you in Languedoc. And who's that in Ireland, will you be going to WordCamp Belfast next month? Give us a wave.

I suppose the concept of nptech just isn't so big here in Europe, therefore NTEN's not well known either. 

None from Australia. No one at all in Africa. As much as I like Americans (some of my best friends are American etc) I'd hoped to see a slightly wider demographic.

Jason King
WordPress Web Developer
Freelance
Laure-Minervois
www.kingjason.co.uk

Twitter: @jasoncsking

4.  RE: [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 24, 2016 14:08

Hi from Barcelona !! I am the guy from Barcelona ;)

I am very happy to be part of this amazing group. I hope contribute with my expertise.

I am one of the organizers of the WordPress Meetup in my Town @WPGranollers.

In Spain the WordPress Community is very active and I want to share all this knowlege with the little nonprofits.

Regards.

Javier Quilez Cabello
WordPress & Office 365 for Nonprofits
JavierQuilez.es

5.  RE: [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 25, 2016 06:13

Hi Javier,

Might you go to WordCamp Europe this year? If you do, let's meet for a coffee.

Jason King
WordPress Web Developer
Freelance
Laure-Minervois
www.kingjason.co.uk

Twitter: @jasoncsking

6.  RE: [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 25, 2016 10:36
I find it oddly delightful that as I sit here in Saskatoon Canada I'm following a couple of guys from Spain and England setting up a coffee at Wordcamp Europe. And all because I'm in the NTen Wordpress group. 

7.  RE: [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 26, 2016 08:01
Bienvenido al grupo, Javier!  

We look forward to your contributions.  Please feel free to post WordPress questions, thoughts and resources any time!

Cindy

Cindy Leonard, Consulting Team Leader
Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management at Robert Morris University, 
339 Sixth Ave, Ste 750, Pgh, PA 15222
p 412-397-6007 | f 412-397-6016 | leonard@rmu.edu | www.bcnm-rmu.org

It's time for TechNow! Register today to receive Early Bird rates! www.technowconference.org

8.  RE: [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 22, 2016 06:19

So COOL! Astoria, Queens NY

KV8sMQ9rS5aKmrGF9JDT_cool.jpg

Ariel Jensen-Vargas
Masters of Public Administration Candidate
Baruch School of Public Affairs
Queens, NY

9.  RE: [Survey] Where Are We in the World?

Posted Sep 23, 2016 12:15

I love this map so much!

Bethany Lister
Community Program Manager
Nonprofit Technology Network
bethany@nten.org