Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: an hour ago 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices.
This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

Meeting: This group typically has a monthly community call on the fourth Wednesday at 1pm PT
Collaborative notes and community call-in information: http://bit.ly/npITnotes
Short link: http://community.nten.org/tech-decision-makers

1.  Satori end of life and Blackbaud product

Posted Feb 22, 2017 15:19
Hello everyone,

We currently use Satori for our NCOA address validation.  I understand they are sun setting in 3 years.  Can anyone confirm this?  Based on this we are evaluating vendors and looking at the Blackbaud products.  Any experience to share?  We are always concerned with data formatting, of course. 

Thanks for any thoughts in advance.

------------------------------
Melissa Berrett
Director of IT
Oregon Health and Science University Foundation
Portland, OR

2.  RE: Satori end of life and Blackbaud product

Posted Feb 28, 2017 10:14
We use Satori as well and I hadn't heard that. I'm reaching out to our sales rep to find out more.

Blackbaud actually uses Satori as well. We're on Blackbaud CRM and I've found that their services are easier but much less flexible - and much more expensive. To cover the basics (e.g. NCOA primary address or a specific type of address) it works well. Getting more complicated and you end up hitting walls. For example, I wanted to run AddressAccelerator against non-mailable old addresses because we have millions of records with multiple instances of the same address and I wanted to format them all the same so I could easily clean out the dupes. You can't do it with Blackbaud's tools.

I'll be sad if Satori goes away.

Mitch

Mitchell Gibbs
Director, Technology & Innovation, Philanthropy
Dignity Health
Phoenix, AZ

3.  RE: Satori end of life and Blackbaud product

Posted Mar 01, 2017 13:25
Melissa-

I reached out to our sales person at Satori and he said that this was news to him. Do you have any more details or a source?

Thanks for the alert about it.

Mitch

Mitchell Gibbs
Director, Technology & Innovation, Philanthropy
Dignity Health
Phoenix, AZ

4.  RE: Satori end of life and Blackbaud product

Posted Mar 20, 2017 12:53

We've been using Melissa Data (just now announcing they are dropping "data" from the company name since 2011, and are really happy with them. We use it in conjunction with Aptify, our CRM/AMS.

It's worth taking a look at it.

Richard Wollenberger
Director, Information Technology & HIPAA Compliance and Security Officer
Parents as Teachers
St. Louis MO

5.  RE: Satori end of life and Blackbaud product

Posted Apr 18, 2017 13:06
This was information from our reporting services team, and I'm relieved to hear that this is not the case!  Thanks!

Melissa Berrett
Director of IT
Oregon Health and Science University Foundation
Portland, OR

'