WordPress

last person joined: 2 days ago 

A place for nonprofit WordPress developers and content managers of all skill levels.
The WordPress group is an engaged network of WordPress developers and content managers, for all skill levels, by WordPress users for WordPress users, to encourage the usage of and advocate for WordPress.

Our goal: to support nonprofit organizations using (or interested in using) WordPress. Additionally, this is a safe and friendly place for beginning WordPress developers and users to ask questions and connect to like-minded people.

Current organizers: Cindy Leonard, Jason King, and Mark Root-Wiley
Short link: http://community.nten.org/wordpress
Anyone can join and contribute to this group! Just create an account to get started.

1.  Welcoming another new Community Co-Organizer!

Posted Aug 18, 2016 11:08

Hi everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Mark Root-Wiley to our team of community organizers!  I'm sure you've seen his responses and comments on the board - Mark has a wealth of WP info in his brain.

A few interesting tidbits about Mark:

Mark builds websites for nonprofits in Seattle, WA, and considers himself a bit of a generalist who still does planning, design, development, and support. He's also passionate about paying it forward with WordPress knowledge on his blog, his new site Nonprofit WP, and at his local WordPress meetup and WordCamp. He's released quite a few free plugins and one free theme, the most popular of which is Feature a Page Widget. He's particularly interested in web accessibility and has focused a lot of energies on spreading knowledge about making websites more accessible for the past few years.

When not in front of a computer (which he claims is infrequent!) Mark is a big soccer fan, particularly a Seattle Sounders supporter.

Mark Root-Wiley
------------------------------
Cindy Leonard
Consulting Team Leader
Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management
Pittsburgh, PA

2.  RE: Welcoming another new Community Co-Organizer!

Posted Aug 18, 2016 12:32
Welcome, Mark! So glad to have you on board!
Inline image 1

3.  RE: Welcoming another new Community Co-Organizer!

Posted Aug 18, 2016 13:04

I too would like to express my happiness at Mark's appointment, with one of those animated nonsense things.

oquchDlTXQn4ZiFRcagM_KlqwZ.gif

Jason King
WordPress Web Developer
London
www.kingjason.co.uk

Twitter: @jasoncsking

4.  RE: Welcoming another new Community Co-Organizer!

Posted Aug 18, 2016 16:56

Thanks for the great intro, Cindy, and thanks for the warm welcomes, Bethany and Jason. (Bethany, your GIF reminds me of a book I love, Flatland! Jason, I have no words...)

To everyone in the group, I'm really excited to help steward our community over the next year and try to make it even better. Cindy, Jason, and I all have ideas for things we'd like to try, but please reach out to me any time you have feedback or ideas on the CoP. My role is to make this group what you all want it to be!

Mark Root-Wiley

MRW Web Design / MRWweb.com / @MRWweb
Thoughtful WordPress Website for Nonprofits & Mission-Driven Organizations
Seattle, WA

5.  RE: Welcoming another new Community Co-Organizer!

Posted Aug 19, 2016 08:19

Welcome Mark!

With smiles, 

Kim Hearn

Technology Manager

www.icingsmiles.org

logo

twitterinstagrampinterest

6.  RE: Welcoming another new Community Co-Organizer!

Posted Aug 19, 2016 08:40

Mark, welcome! I know you'll be great for the role!

Andy Stitt
Founder and WordPress Consultant
Deliberate Media Solutions
http://deliberatemediasolutions.com

7.  RE: Welcoming another new Community Co-Organizer!

Posted Aug 24, 2016 19:08

Welcome Mark! I'm sure you'll be as great an addition to this Community as Lodeiro was to the Sounders! Forever Blue, Eternal Green!

Katie Hewitt
Communications and Advocacy Program Manager
Community Health Network of Washington
Seattle, WA