Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: 2 days ago 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices.
This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

Meeting: This group typically has a monthly community call on the fourth Wednesday at 1pm PT
Collaborative notes and community call-in information: http://bit.ly/npITnotes
Short link: http://community.nten.org/tech-decision-makers

1.  ORG Structures that work, don't work

Posted Feb 09, 2017 13:30
Good morning!  I've been asked to participate in looking at the overall organization of our Foundation.   I would love to hear how other not for profits are org'd, and would be happy to share our structure as well.  Also, any experience in what has worked and what hasn't worked!!

Thanks a ton in advance!!  NTEN is right around the corner!

------------------------------
Melissa Berrett
Director of IT
Oregon Health and Science University Foundation
Portland, OR

2.  RE: ORG Structures that work, don't work

Posted Feb 17, 2017 10:48
Hey Melissa,

This sounds very exciting! Can you share your current structure as a way to help us better respond to your question?

Bethany Lister
Community Engagement Manager
Nonprofit Technology Network
bethany@nten.org

3.  RE: ORG Structures that work, don't work

Posted Feb 22, 2017 15:32
Hey there,

I'll be happy to share with those willing to engage in discussion about their organizations structure!  Feel free to e-mail me directly.

berrett@ohsu.edu

Melissa Berrett
Director of IT
Oregon Health and Science University Foundation
Portland, OR

4.  RE: ORG Structures that work, don't work

Posted Feb 24, 2017 08:10
I'm pretty interested in the topic.  If you're going to be in DC this year I'll make sure to ask you about it.

Colin Boyle
IT Director
Manatee Community Action Agency
Bradenton, FL