Digital Inclusion

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Help close the digital divide! Join us in supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. This Digital Inclusion group is focused on supporting digital inclusion initiatives, sharing best practices, and showcasing digital inclusion programs. It is designed to build community around digital inclusion and connect actors committed to helping close the digital divide.

1.  18NTC Experiences

Posted 9 days ago
Edited by Emily Weinberg 9 days ago
For those who went to 18NTC, how was your experience this year? Did you have a favorite session (doesn't have to be digital inclusion related)?

I am curious to hear how the digital inclusion sessions, connect session, and table discussions were since I wasn't able to attend NTC this year. Was there a topic discussed that you found interesting?

------------------------------
Emily Weinberg
Organizer of NTEN's Digital Inclusion Online Community

2.  RE: 18NTC Experiences

Posted 7 days ago

Emily,
I'm sorry you couldn't make it to NTC this year!   As an NTEN staff member, I think my perspective is a bit biased, and limited to mostly "behind the scenes" kinds of things, however, I did get to go to the Digital Inclusion Connect Session, facilitated by two of our Fellows: @Lindsey Sipe and @Sonya Hunte.  They did a fantastic job!  We had some great conversations around a wide range of topics, everything from program sustainability to marketing.  Everyone at the session was really knowledgeable and passionate about the topic, so I really enjoyed it.  We also had Lindsey and Sonya snap a picture with a picture of you so you'd know that your presence was felt and your work managing this group is much appreciated.

I also got to drop by 2 sessions: one on humanizing tech tools and another on the digital adoption report, both of which were great.  Some of our Digital Inclusion Fellows and Funders also got to go on stage in the morning while @Amy Sample Ward shared some info about the Fellowship.  I loved seeing them up there getting recognized for their work.

I'd love to hear about other folks's experiences!
Leana

​​​​​​

Leana Mayzlina
Senior Digital Inclusion Manager
NTEN
Portland, OR

3.  RE: 18NTC Experiences

Posted 7 days ago

Was there any input regarding recruiting?  I would love to hear recruiting tips if anyone has any.

Thanks

Collette Carr  | Skid Row Housing Trust
AmeriCorps VISTA
e. collette.carr@skidrow.org
t. 213-683-0522 x197
a. 1317 E 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021
skidrow.org
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Join our mailing list.
Skid Row Housing Trust
v04192016

4.  RE: 18NTC Experiences

Posted 10 hours ago
Leana- Thanks for updating me! I saw the pictures shared on Twitter from the stage in the morning. I was glad to see digital inclusion being discussed on the stage.

Collette- What type of recruiting are you talking about?

5.  RE: 18NTC Experiences

Posted 10 hours ago

Students, I am just wondering if there are any tips that someone may have.  My students vary in background but they all seem to have somehow been excluded from the digital world. Just checking because I am doing outreach right now.

Thank you and let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Collette Carr  | Skid Row Housing Trust
AmeriCorps VISTA
e. collette.carr@skidrow.org
t. 213-683-0522 x197
a. 1317 E 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021
skidrow.org
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Join our mailing list.
Skid Row Housing Trust
v04192016