Discuss

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources.
Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

New to the group? Introduce yourself!
Reminder: Job posts are not allowed. Please visit the Nonprofit Tech Job Board to post a job or search for career opportunities.
Current organizers: Keith Berner and Ariel Jensen-Vargas
Short link: http://community.nten.org/ntendiscuss
Anyone can join and contribute to this group! Just create an account to get started.

1.  Let's celebrate wins, with animated GIFs

Posted 22 days ago

Hi everyone,

Let’s try out a variation of our weekly wins thread by expressing ourselves with animated GIFs. I'll go first!

That feeling when...I asked our fabulous NTEN volunteer ambassadors for feedback on some 17NTC programming I was working on and they gave the best, most thoughtful advice.

Soccer athlete is tearily addressing the crowd

PS To embed a GIF, download the file and drag into the body of your message when replying via email (otherwise it will attach, rather than embed) or use the "insert image" button when replying via the online forum.

------------------------------
Bethany Lister
Community Engagement Manager
Nonprofit Technology Network
bethany@nten.org

2.  RE: Let's celebrate wins, with animated GIFs

Posted 22 days ago
Thanks Bethany!

My win is over a database quandary that was a very hard nut to crack. I wanted to pull data for a certain set of people, over a time period, who had taken a particular action. I thought I had the right query four or five times but the results kept coming up empty.

Then, earlier this week, I thought about it backwards. I realized that the way our database recorded the action was in a different field. Three quick clicks of my mouse and voilà - success! I was able to find the data I needed, use it to inform my work and immediately put some changes into action.

I love you, database. <3

Like this Powerpuff Girl, I'm holding my database near.

Lyndal Cairns
Membership and Engagement Director
Nonprofit Technology Network

3.  RE: Let's celebrate wins, with animated GIFs

Posted 22 days ago
The reaction I had when I saw my name in the employee daily e-mail this week.  Employees started entering daily steps last week to reach a goal of walking 5,125 miles together.  I happened to enter step number one million.  

upZPfwfTrSZI0P5UimKH_omg.gif

Emily Weinberg
Nonprofit Blogger
Full-Text Analyst, American Psychological Association