WordPress

last person joined: 28 days ago 

A place for nonprofit WordPress developers and content managers of all skill levels.
The WordPress group is an engaged network of WordPress developers and content managers, for all skill levels, by WordPress users for WordPress users, to encourage the usage of and advocate for WordPress.

Our goal: to support nonprofit organizations using (or interested in using) WordPress. Additionally, this is a safe and friendly place for beginning WordPress developers and users to ask questions and connect to like-minded people.

Short link: http://community.nten.org/wordpress

1.  Recommendations for checklist plugins

Posted Sep 23, 2016 17:07

Hey all!

I'd like to install a checklist plugin that will help keep our volunteers on track (ex. read handbook, introduce self to other organizers, give self a high five for being awesome, etc.). Have any tips?

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
Bethany Lister
Community Program Manager
Nonprofit Technology Network
bethany@nten.org

2.  RE: Recommendations for checklist plugins

Posted Sep 23, 2016 18:44

A few questions come to mind:

1. Will people using the checklist have their own user accounts?
  2. Does each item in the checklist correspond to a page or post on the site or is the checklist label the entirety of the content?

My mind jumped to WPComplete which is rather new and is for tracking progress through a course. However, it would answer Yes to both of the above questions and I don't know if that describes your situation.

I'm really eager to hear other suggestions since this is something I've considered implementing myself on Nonprofit WP.

Mark Root-Wiley

MRW Web Design / MRWweb.com / @MRWweb
Thoughtful WordPress Website for Nonprofits & Mission-Driven Organizations
Seattle, WA

3.  RE: Recommendations for checklist plugins

Posted Sep 27, 2016 11:54
Thanks for getting back to me, Mark!

Yes, the users would have their own account and be logged in to see the checklist.

I think the items should correspond to a page in the Handbook. That's a good idea.

I'm looking at your recommendation now. 

--
Bethany Lister
Community Program Manager
NTEN: The Nonprofit Technology Network
http://nten.org | @NTENorg
503-272-8733

Take the 2016 Technology Staffing and Investments Survey for a chance to win a $500 VISA gift card! Your insights will help us provide benchmarks and qualitative data about technology decisions for the nonprofit sector.