Discuss

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Looking for new .NET programmers and hosting company

• 1.  Looking for new .NET programmers and hosting company

Posted 11 days ago

Because nothing in technology is easy, my organization finds itself in need of finding a new vendor to support our programming and tech needs.  A few details on the needs are beolow.  If you have a company you work with that you love or you're a vendor yourself and want to make a pitch please let me know.  Our timeline for this whole thing is starting now with the final hand-off in 1Q 2019.

1. .NET programmers.  (both MVC and webforms) / SQL - Our organization uses almost entirely custom programmed platforms including our big AMS and CMS,  We also use a customized Ablecommerce platform, a javascript research database, a php message board and several other .NET applications.  We are looking for someone to take over maintenance and to develop new versions.  (please note we are NOT interested in transitioning to off-the-shelf options)
    2. Hosting – We currently have a virtual machine hosting environment.  We are looking for someone who can take that over and help us make the transition to a fully cloud based environment.

Our current vendor is going out of business but in a slow fashion and is helping us to make this a smooth transition.  Additionally there will be plans for knowledge transfer and support in learning all the custom systems.

thanks!
    -Andrea

------------------------------
    Andrea Chempinski
    Associate Director, Online Services
    American Immigration Lawyers Association
    Washington, DC
    achempinski@aila.org

• 2.  RE: Looking for new .NET programmers and hosting company

Posted 10 days ago

The original developers of netForum started a company called Gravitate Solutions that does good work for us.

For migrating to the cloud, you can call Community IT (full disclosure, I used to work there).

Dan

Dan Shenk-Evans
    Director of IT
    Capital Area Food Bank
    Washington DC

dshenkevans@capitalareafoodbank.org
    202-644-9803

• 3.  RE: Looking for new .NET programmers and hosting company

Posted 10 days ago
    At my past job the folks at Adage Technologies https://www.adagetechnologies.com  were able to clean up years of abuse on our .net implementation.  I think they have branched out a bit but at the core they are code focused geeks, vs the sort or marketing types that don't build stuff that works or lasts.  Highly recommended, my contact was Mathieu Agee

Bill Ramsay
    IT Manager
    Healthy Schools Campaign
    Chicago, IL