WordPress

last person joined: 2 days ago 

A place for nonprofit WordPress developers and content managers of all skill levels.
The WordPress group is an engaged network of WordPress developers and content managers, for all skill levels, by WordPress users for WordPress users, to encourage the usage of and advocate for WordPress.

Our goal: to support nonprofit organizations using (or interested in using) WordPress. Additionally, this is a safe and friendly place for beginning WordPress developers and users to ask questions and connect to like-minded people.

Current organizers: Cindy Leonard, Jason King, and Mark Root-Wiley
Short link: http://community.nten.org/wordpress
Anyone can join and contribute to this group! Just create an account to get started.

1.  500 New .eco domains

Posted Nov 04, 2016 10:22

.eco is a new domain that should be launched in 2017. They are giving 500 domains. They’re offering 500 .eco domain names to environmental nonprofits to promote the launch.

Elijah from Techsoup wants to spread the word about this.  I thought this is a suitable place for this :-) For more information take a look at: https://nic.eco/grants/. For sharing on social media link1 link2

Best wishes, 

------------------------------
Ben Carp
Embrace NGO

2.  RE: 500 New .eco domains

Posted Nov 04, 2016 10:46

Good idea, I'll tweet that - maybe others here could help tell the world.

Jason King
Freelance WordPress development and Google Ad Grant management
Carcassonne, France

www.kingjason.co.uk

Twitter: @jasoncsking

3.  RE: 500 New .eco domains

Posted Nov 04, 2016 12:29
Edited by Darren Barefoot Nov 04, 2016 12:31

Thanks very much for posting this, Ben!

I'm working with .Eco on the domain grants program. We've had a good response thus far, but would welcome more applications--the more the merrier. If people have questions about the program, they can email me at darren [at] capulet [dot] com.

Darren Barefoot

4.  RE: 500 New .eco domains

Posted Nov 08, 2016 12:52

Thanks, Ben and Darren. This is great to know about!

Judy Freed

Marketing Strategist, Alliance for the Great Lakes

Co-Organizer, NTEN Nonprofits & Data Community

Chicago, Illinois