Discuss

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources.
Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

New to the group? Introduce yourself!
Reminder: Job posts are not allowed. Please visit the Nonprofit Tech Job Board to post a job or search for career opportunities.
Short link: http://community.nten.org/ntendiscuss

1.  Programs for Homeless and Digital Inclusion Policy links

Posted Feb 10, 2017 10:41
Hello from Atlanta!
I am just finishing my first week as Digital Inclusion Fellow and I am very excited to get information that can help some of the churches I am serving to develop their programs.

One church is looking for types of Digital Literacy activities that they can do with their homeless population, keeping in mind that they are very transient and may only be able to attend one day programs.

The second church is very interested in policy and potentially getting their young members involved in advocacy and putting pressure on legislatures related to Digital Inclusion.

I am very new to this amazing movement so any suggestions that you may have will be very helpful for me.

Thanks in advance!
Necole

------------------------------
Necole Durham
Impact Church
Atlanta, GA

2.  RE: Programs for Homeless and Digital Inclusion Policy links

Posted Feb 22, 2017 11:14
Hi there Necole,

I just wanted to reach out to you to let you know that I am working on getting some information for you. Our organization does a lot of work with the homeless community and I am sure that we may have some valuable tools for you.
As time permits, please feel free call or email me at your leisure and that way we can discuss your needs in further detail please.

Thank you so much and I hope to meet you next month.

Patrice Powell-Pinson
(214)652-9326
ppowell@ocbfchurch.org

Patrice Powell
Primary Contact
Turn Around Agenda
Dallas, TX

3.  RE: Programs for Homeless and Digital Inclusion Policy links

Posted Feb 23, 2017 09:29
Thank you Patrice!  This is a beautiful organization.  It certainly gives me ideas.  I hope to see you at the conference as well.  I'll be close to introvert groups!
Thank you!
Necole

Necole Durham
Impact Church
Atlanta, GA

4.  RE: Programs for Homeless and Digital Inclusion Policy links

Posted Feb 22, 2017 16:23
Necole,

After speaking with our Missional Life Director, (Claude Bailey-(214) 652-9315 or CBailey@ocbfchurch.org) he provided me with this.
Discipleship Ministry For The Homeless | OurCalling
OurCalling remove preview
Discipleship Ministry For The Homeless | OurCalling
OurCalling is a faith-based organization that helps the homeless by building lasting relationships and making disciples on the streets.
View this on OurCalling >

I hope this helps but if not, we can always go further together to get you what you're looking for.

Patrice

Patrice Powell
Primary Contact
Turn Around Agenda
Dallas, TX