Nonprofit Digital Communications

last person joined: 25 days ago 

For those doing digital strategy work, including written or multimedia content for nonprofit websites, social media, and e-newsletters. This group is for those digital communications folks who create written or multimedia content for websites, social media, and e-newsletters for nonprofits. Members will discuss topics such as social media trends, digital analytics, developing content, storytelling, planning and resources, content strategy, and more.

Training recommendations for email marketing writing?

• 1.  Training recommendations for email marketing writing?

Posted 7 days ago
    Hi all,

I'm assembling a list of different potential training or conference opportunities for folks at my org who might want to brush up on their email marketing writing knowledge, especially when it comes to designing fundraising campaigns. At the top of my list is the NTC conference, of course, but was wondering if folks had any other knowledge of conferences or trainings out there that specialize in building these skillsets for nonprofit professionals? I see a lot that's geared toward the corporate world but would love anything that's specifically nonprofit focused.

Thanks for any leads you might have!

Best,
    Sydney

------------------------------
    Sydney Moyer
    Digital Strategist
    Conservation Law Foundation
    Boston, MA
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Training recommendations for email marketing writing?

Posted 6 days ago
    Hi Sydney,

Have you checked out this resource yet? 

"Mastering the Seven Writing Styles" Coaching Program

https://www.nonprofitmarketingguide.com/resources/mastering-the-7-styles-of-writing-every-nonprofit-communicator-should-know/?utm_source=news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WritingProgram19&inf_contact_key=3e2a38f39bad389fb4fd9d299917d8e41b0a3f0fd3ee5d9b43fb34c6613498d7

Lisa Mullis
    Paraphrase Communications
    lisa@paraphrasecomm.com
    paraphrasecomm.com

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Training recommendations for email marketing writing?

Posted 6 days ago
    Hi Sydney,

Once your coworkers have some fundamentals down, I recommend checking out blogs and webinars to learn more. Here are some of my favorite resources:
    I've learned a great deal from subscribing to emails from larger nonprofits, such as Amnesty International, Save the Children, Humane Society, and International Rescue Committee.

Best,
    Gaby

Gaby Gollub
    [Manager, Online Marketing]
    World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
    Washington, DC

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: Training recommendations for email marketing writing?

Posted 6 days ago
    I recommend subscribing to lots of  larger nonprofit email lists. Even though you won't know how effective they were, you will learn a lot. With larger orgs, it's more likely they are doing testing, so if you observe them over time you will notice changes.

Dale Anania
    Direct Response Officer
    The Marine Mammal Center
    Sausalito, CA
    pronouns: she/her/hers

Tech Accelerate