Discuss

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources.
Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

New to the group? Introduce yourself!
Reminder: Job posts are not allowed. Please visit the Nonprofit Tech Job Board to post a job or search for career opportunities.
Short link: http://community.nten.org/ntendiscuss

1.  Continuing Education (CE) Evaluation Collection

Posted 29 days ago
Hello,

Does anyone else work for a non-profit that awards CE credits for any of their events?

We are looking for a solution for the required evaluation process. The one required for psychologists is a bit complicated and has been a struggle for us so I was wondering if there are better ideas any of you might have.

Last year we used Attendee Interactive, but are moving away from them. Cvent will handle some of our CE evaluation needs, but not all of them. We are looking into Catalyst for our abstract collection and asked them about CE evaluations and they weren't able to do that either.

thanks,

------------------------------
Fran Harrington
@franharrington
International OCD Foundation
Jamaica Plain, MA

2.  RE: Continuing Education (CE) Evaluation Collection

Posted 29 days ago
Fran,

Good question. Is there a particular group you are working to offer the CE to? We do a bit or working offer CFRE and CAE credits for most of our trainings as well as tracking for our own professional certificate. Happy to share more about my experience setting up and managing those relationships but may not be quite what you are looking for here.

We also use a Learning Management System (LMS) that allows for a bit of that evaluation tracking type stuff so might be able to share a bit form that side of things as well.

Let me know if any of this is close to the mark and I will share what I can or a bit more specifics on what you need and maybe we can loop in others that have good info for you.

Best,
Ash

P.S. For those playing acronym bingo I was able to drop about four so check your cards :-)

Ash Shepherd
Education Director
Nonprofit Technology Network
ash@nten.org

3.  RE: Continuing Education (CE) Evaluation Collection

Posted 28 days ago
The specific group we are having trouble with finding a system for is psychologists. Out accrediting body for those CEs is the ADA and they require a more thorough eval than the other accrediting bodies.

I would love to know what your set-up is! The more info to work with the better.

Thanks!

Fran Harrington
@franharrington
Jamaica Plain, MA

4.  RE: Continuing Education (CE) Evaluation Collection

Posted 28 days ago
Fran, here at NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, we do offer CE's for sessions at our annual event.  We obtain approval each year from the California Board of Registered Nursing, the Minnesota Board of Social Work, and the National Board for Certified Counselors to offer continue education credits for our attendees.  The number of attendees seeking CE's from our event is not large, measured in the low hundreds, so our process is still paper based/manual. We keep our paper based evaluations for historical/auditing purposes. For 2018 we are looking at electronic options, but not sure if we'll have the capacity to implement or the funding.

James Stewart
Chief Information Officer
NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness

5.  RE: Continuing Education (CE) Evaluation Collection

Posted 28 days ago
We were doing them all manually until last year, so I feel your pain.

If we do find an option that will work for all of our accrediting bodies I will be sure to share it here so you can check it out as well!

Fran Harrington
@franharrington
Jamaica Plain, MA

6.  RE: Continuing Education (CE) Evaluation Collection

Posted 27 days ago
Hi Fran,
I offer a "+1" on utilizing the learning management system for this. We have found it to work well for tracking, reporting, and issuing approved certificates. At AES, we don't have an integration with our LMS*, so it's a manual process to enroll the participants and, at this time, is only reasonable for our smaller activities. This is also helpful for the activities where you need to plan a follow-up survey to report on outcomes. ((I'm currently juggling 3 LMS platforms, so I'd be happy to talk more about this if you're interested.))

For our annual meeting, which offers specific CE for 3 types of medical professionals and participation credit for anyone else, we have worked with the registration vendor to integrate the evaluation, credit claim and certificate generation with the system that tracks registration type and if we need specific session registration tracking (ie. only registrants of the session can claim credit for participation).

For the live activities that we consider "medium-sized", we've used a manual-ish process of putting the survey into SurveyMonkey or Formstack and after the cut-off date for claims, issue everyone's certificates via an import to our database which makes the certificate accessible from the user's online profile.

Jessica Daniels
American Epilepsy Society
Chicago, IL

7.  RE: Continuing Education (CE) Evaluation Collection

Posted 7 days ago
As of right now we decided to use Cvent to handle most of our CE evals. We will need to manually do some via Survey Monkey as well though. Not ideal, but best we could figure out for now.

Fran Harrington
@franharrington
Jamaica Plain, MA