WordPress

last person joined: 3 days ago 

A place for nonprofit WordPress developers and content managers of all skill levels.
The WordPress group is an engaged network of WordPress developers and content managers, for all skill levels, by WordPress users for WordPress users, to encourage the usage of and advocate for WordPress.

Our goal: to support nonprofit organizations using (or interested in using) WordPress. Additionally, this is a safe and friendly place for beginning WordPress developers and users to ask questions and connect to like-minded people.

Short link: http://community.nten.org/wordpress

1.  WordCamp Seattle: October 29-30

Posted Oct 19, 2016 17:51

My local WordCamp is coming up and so I wanted to plug it here! If you're actively involved in your local WordCamp, please feel free to share similar posts when they're coming up so members of our world-wide community can know about them! For anyone unfamiliar with WordCamp, they are a global network of volunteer-run WordPress conferences (and they're always cheap!). See if there's a WordCamp near you!

-------------------------------------------

For anyone looking to develop or build on any level of WordPress knowledge, WordCamp Seattle tickets are still available. Tickets are an incredible value, only $40 for October 29 and 30 and will include a lunch voucher for each day. The conference is entirely volunteer run.

This is an great opportunity for affordable WordPress professional development, and I hope many local nonprofits and nonprofit-friendly business can take advantage of it. Since I last wrote, the full schedule has been posted. Talks that I'd recommend for nonprofit staff and friends include:
  • 3-hour Workshop for Beginners
  • Getting to Know WordPress Multisite
  • Custom Post Types for Non-Developers (trust me on this one!)
  • Hack Attack
  • Helping Non-Profits Change the World with WordPress
  • On Site SEO in WordPress for Content Marketing
  • 10 Blogging Habits that Kill the Competition
There will also be a help desk available the entire weekend for getting free 1-on-1 help and advice from WordPress experts. This alone is practically worth the ticket!
--------------------------------------------
Have you been to a WordCamp before? Share you experiences in this thread so others can hear how great they are!
------------------------------
Mark Root-Wiley

MRW Web Design / MRWweb.com / @MRWweb
Thoughtful WordPress Website for Nonprofits & Mission-Driven Organizations
Seattle, WA

2.  RE: WordCamp Seattle: October 29-30

Posted Oct 20, 2016 04:39

After a WordCamp, presentation videos are often published on WordPress.tv. Which is handy if you can't make it to one in person.

Jason King
WordPress Web Developer
Freelance
Laure-Minervois
www.kingjason.co.uk

Twitter: @jasoncsking