Discuss

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources.
Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

New to the group? Introduce yourself!
Reminder: Job posts are not allowed. Please visit the Nonprofit Tech Job Board to post a job or search for career opportunities.
Current organizers: Keith Berner and Ariel Jensen-Vargas
Short link: http://community.nten.org/ntendiscuss
Anyone can join and contribute to this group! Just create an account to get started.

1.  Any recommendations for getting eSignatures in bulk?

Posted Apr 07, 2016 11:00

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for any online services that make it easy to collect electronic signatures in bulk? The use case is for a waiver form that needs to be distributed to approximately 500 people and ideally will have tracking/reporting to identify who has signed and who needs to receive a follow-up. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks everyone!

Jason

------------------------------
Jason Shim
Associate Director, Digital Strategy and Alumni Relations
Pathways to Education Canada
Toronto ON

2.  RE: Any recommendations for getting eSignatures in bulk?

Posted Apr 08, 2016 10:47

I'm curious what you find out.   Do you have a quote from Adobe DC (document cloud) and DocuSign, the two most common I see?   I'd be curious what they charge per 500 signatures.   They do a lot more that e-sigs, so maybe you have already moved on from them.

Dan

Dan Shenk-Evans
Director of IT
Capital Area Food Bank
Washington DC

dshenkevans@capitalareafoodbank.org

3.  RE: Any recommendations for getting eSignatures in bulk?

Posted Apr 08, 2016 16:56

Thanks Dan for the heads up on DocuSign and Adobe! We're currently using HelloSign.com and it works well, but we're specifically looking for functionality that would allow us to send out and track signatures in bulk. (Currently, we can send out contracts one at a time, but we'd have to manually track in a spreadsheet who signed what) If I can find a solution for this, I'll post it back to the thread!

Jason Shim
Toronto ON

4.  RE: Any recommendations for getting eSignatures in bulk?

Posted Sep 30, 2016 13:34

Hey Jason,

I'm looking into e-signature software right now. I'll just need to have docs signed one at a time. Maybe 100/year. Do you recommend Hello Sign?

PS Did you find something to help you with bulk signatures?

Bethany Lister
Community Engagement Manager
Nonprofit Technology Network
bethany@nten.org

5.  RE: Any recommendations for getting eSignatures in bulk?

Posted Nov 22, 2016 11:52

Bethany, didn't find anything specific to bulk signatures that worked well for us, but yes, I would recommend Hellosign if you're looking for an easy document signing solution. They also have a free tier which worked well for us for a couple years before we moved to a paid account. If you ask for a nonprofit discount, they can also provide that as well. :)

Jason Shim
Toronto, ON

6.  RE: Any recommendations for getting eSignatures in bulk?

Posted Nov 21, 2016 14:19

I'm a bit late to the party but thought I'd add my two cents.

I used DocuSign a few years ago while working at a for-profit company. It was fairly easy to learn the basics and, as you requested, the reporting is very good. You can see which documents were signed and when, export to a spreadsheet, etc. Not sure about uploading in bulk, as we customized each document for the recipient, but I don't see why you couldn't send a "blank" form and have the signer fill in required information, if necessary.

I don't know what the pricing is for non-profits. You might get a discount through TechSoup or some similar organization.

Karen E. Lund
Administrative Support Professional
http://www.linkedin.com/in/karen5lund
New York NY

Find me on Twitter at @Karen5Lund!