WordPress

last person joined: 28 days ago 

A place for nonprofit WordPress developers and content managers of all skill levels.
The WordPress group is an engaged network of WordPress developers and content managers, for all skill levels, by WordPress users for WordPress users, to encourage the usage of and advocate for WordPress.

Our goal: to support nonprofit organizations using (or interested in using) WordPress. Additionally, this is a safe and friendly place for beginning WordPress developers and users to ask questions and connect to like-minded people.

Short link: http://community.nten.org/wordpress

1.  How to organize a do_action event in your city?

Posted Feb 07, 2017 03:18
Hi everybody,

I want to share the current information that I have to organize a do_action event.

In other post I commented about do_action events, charity hackathon that uses WordPress to uplift local communities.

I talked with a member of the Community Team in WordPress.org and she gave me some indications to start with the organization of the event.

1. Read the Organizer's Handbook. (very clear and good explained)
  2. Send and email to support@wordcamp.org.
  3. This email will created a ticket and they will put you in touch with Hugh.

Hugh is the person inside the Community Team with more experience in this kind of events, you can see Hugh in this video.

I am starting to organize a do_action event in Barcelona.

I will share all my news about in this post.

Do you want organize a do_action in your city?

Please, share your comments with us in this post.

------------------------------
Javier Quilez Cabello
WordPress and Office 365 for Nonprofits
JavierQuilez.es

2.  RE: How to organize a do_action event in your city?

Posted Feb 07, 2017 04:26
Hi Javier,

That's really interesting, look forward to hearing about your progress.

When's your event likely to take place? I'm a few hours away, on the French side of the Pyrenees.That'd be a good excuse to visit Barcelona!

I was going to mention NetSquared Barcelona to you, but I noticed you're already signed up with them.

Jason King
Freelance WordPress development and Google Ad Grant management
Carcassonne, France

www.kingjason.co.uk

Twitter: @jasoncsking

3.  RE: How to organize a do_action event in your city?

Posted Feb 07, 2017 05:11
Hi Jason,

Sure, I think you are a great contribution with your expertise ;)

I like this event because if you read the handbook you can see the type of team they suggest to create and they write about the need of teach to the nonprofit.

I think the website it's not the main objective, it's more critical teach to the people in the nonprofit.

This type of learning help to empowerment of the nonprofit, they learn to share their story and mission.

In my region, cataluña, we have an strong network of entities for support nonprofits, cooperatives, fundations and associations.

I am creating a team to mobilize the right people inside these entities.

I am IT administrator but I have a little developer point of view, don't invent the wheel every time.

We are working to make do_action a reality in Barcelona in autumn.

I will share my challenges and achievements in this group.

Thanks for your feedback,

Javier.

Javier Quilez Cabello
JavierQuilez.es

4.  RE: How to organize a do_action event in your city?

Posted Feb 08, 2017 10:31

Hi Javier,

I've been wanting to organize a WordPress for non-profits hackathon in Montreal for some time, so super excited to see the do_action framework. Could you clarify though: we shouldn't use the organizer sign-up form on their website but instead follow the steps in your post? (This might explain why I haven't gotten any sort of response when using the aforementioned form ;) )

Thanks again for sharing this info!

Sasha

Sasha Endoh
Owner
Sasha Endoh Code & Design
Montreal, Canada

5.  RE: How to organize a do_action event in your city?

Posted Feb 09, 2017 04:49
Hi Sasha,

You can send an email via this form http://doaction.org/organisers-handbook or via support@wordcamp.org because it's the same.

I chatted with my contact inside the Community Team and she confirms me that they received correctly your request and you are on process.

Please, share with us your progress ;)

Javier Quilez Cabello
JavierQuilez.es

6.  RE: How to organize a do_action event in your city?

Posted Feb 10, 2017 10:13

Hi Javier,

I can confirm that I heard back from Hugh and am now officially registered with the do_action website. Thoroughly excited to get started with planning. 

Thanks for your help with this and I will keep you posted on my experience!

Sasha Endoh
Owner
Sasha Endoh Code & Design
Montreal, Canada

7.  RE: How to organize a do_action event in your city?

Posted 6 days ago
Hi Sasha,

I saw Montreal at a home of doaction ;)

Congrats!!

Here in Barcelona we have the space and a date so in a few days we will create our event in the doaction.org site too.

Could you share with us any usefull experience?

How many organizers are you in Montreal? In Barcelona we are three organizers at the moment.

How many Nonprofits you hope participe in the doaction.org? We planning our event to 6 Nonprofits, it's  only an idea.

And talking about WordPress, Do you have your guidelines about Themes or Plugins to use for the Teams? Here we are talking to use GeneratePress because it's easy to mantain in the future for the staff inside the Nonprofit.

Any solution for donations or recurring donactions? We are thinking en Gravity Forms or GiveWP.

Regards from Barcelona,

Javier Quilez.

Javier Quilez Cabello
JavierQuilez.es