Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits.
The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss:
  • using data to improve organizational effectiveness
  • measuring impact
  • using data for storytelling
  • tools for data management and analysis
  • figuring out the “right” data to collect
  • learning skills to help us use data better

Join us and introduce yourself! For a different way to get to know our members, here is a playlist of our walk-up songs.

Short link: http://community.nten.org/data

1.  False Duplication

Posted 8 days ago
Salesforce question - it looks like we have duplicate records for some people based on the list of names under a household. However, when I click on the "duplicate" records they have the same ID number. Why is Salesforce listing the same record twice? Has anyone dealt with this before?

------------------------------
Rhiannon Orizaga
Communications and Administrative Coordinator
GRANTMAKERS of Oregon and Southwest Washington

2.  RE: False Duplication

Posted 7 days ago
Hi Rhiannon - I haven't had that problem before, but I've had good luck getting answers to Salesforce questions in the Power Of Us Hub. Have you tried posting to the Nonprofit Success Pack group at https://powerofus.force.com/_ui/core/chatter/groups/GroupProfilePage?g=0F980000000CjRe? Someone there may have encountered the same issue.

Judy Freed
Marketing Strategist, Alliance for the Great Lakes
Co-Organizer, NTEN Nonprofits and Data Community
Chicago, Illinois

3.  RE: False Duplication

Posted 7 days ago
+1 for the amazing Power of us Hub

Is it the Salesforce ID that is duplicating? I've not had that issue but have had import issues where an external "unique" identifier was being imported in twice.

Kai Williams
Executive Director
The IWRC
Eugene, OR