WordPress

last person joined: yesterday 

A place for nonprofit WordPress developers and content managers of all skill levels.The WordPress group is an engaged network of WordPress developers and content managers, for all skill levels, by WordPress users for WordPress users, to encourage the usage of and advocate for WordPress.

Our goal: to support nonprofit organizations using (or interested in using) WordPress. Additionally, this is a safe and friendly place for beginning WordPress developers and users to ask questions and connect to like-minded people.

1.  Website review tool

Posted 15 days ago
Maybe I'm looking for a unicorn here, but if what I want exists, I'm sure you guys know about it.
I'm getting to the point in our website redesign that I'd like to send it out into the wild for a few of our stakeholders to explore and give feedback. Is there a tool where a user could leave comments on the site that I could then see? Like digital sticky notes that could be placed on the exact places where there could be room for improvement.
Is this a thing? A quick Google search of "website review tools" just shows a bunch of plugins to let people leave product reviews. Not helpful.
I'm trying to avoid getting lists of links and comments and trying to decipher what exactly the reviewer is talking about.
Thanks, hive mind! Bee warm!

A cute bee

------------------------------
Kara Potter
Missouri State Teachers Association
Columbia, MO
Community Organizer, NTEN Digital Communications Group

2.  RE: Website review tool

Posted 14 days ago
Typically what I've done in the past for feedback from stakeholders -- is use a spreadsheet -- which lets them detail which page and section they have a review for.

Ali Jaffar
Lead Developer at Key Medium LLC
codingforcauses@keymedium.com

Visit www.keymedium.com for info on how we can help your organization succeed online, or explore nonprofit advice and news at www.donors.today

3.  RE: Website review tool

Posted 14 days ago
I would sign up for a free InVision account.  It's a design collaboration tool. But you can add screenshots (there's a Google Chrome extension for creating and uploading these) and comment on them.  From your account you can invite collaborators to the project.  You can even create "hotspots" on the screenshots to link them together.

I'd be grateful if you used my referral link to take a look - it gets you a $25 credit too. http://get.invis.io/mecxEjg

Ross Wintle

4.  RE: Website review tool

Posted 12 days ago
I would second signing up for InVision. Also, Adobe has a product called Xd that has that capability. I would look into Balsamiq as well to see if they do it too.

Hope this helps!

David Flores
Project Manager
http://onwardwebdevelopment.com/ - custom web and mobile applications

5.  RE: Website review tool

Posted 12 days ago

@KaraPotter – I'm interested in this feedback collector, too. We're getting ready to do a website "refresh" and this would work for me next month. Anyone got a tool suggestion that meets the need?

Tara Collins

Director of Communications & Resource Development

RUPCO, Inc., Kingston, NY

6.  RE: Website review tool

Posted 12 days ago
I know I've seen a tool like this in the past, but I can't find it! Project Huddle seems to be similar to what you described as is built to be hosted on WordPress. I've never used it, but it looks interesting.

Mark Root-Wiley

MRW Web Design / MRWweb.com / @MRWweb
Thoughtful WordPress Website for Nonprofits & Mission-Driven Organizations
Seattle, WA

7.  RE: Website review tool

Posted 8 days ago
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm getting feedback from staff on a different project in the next week or so, so I'll test some of these out and let you know what I discover!
I'm particularly excited to try Project Huddle - they described it as post-its for your website, which was exactly what I was looking for.
Have a great weekend!

Kara Potter
Missouri State Teachers Association
Columbia, MO
Community Organizer, NTEN Digital Communications Group