Discuss

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources.
Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

New to the group? Introduce yourself!
Reminder: Job posts are not allowed. Please visit the Nonprofit Tech Job Board to post a job or search for career opportunities.
Current organizers: Keith Berner and Ariel Jensen-Vargas
Short link: http://community.nten.org/ntendiscuss
Anyone can join and contribute to this group! Just create an account to get started.

1.  Experience using Expensify?

Posted 7 days ago
Hey everybody! Has anyone had experience with their teams using Expensify?

My org is currently using TriNet expense, which has constant problems communicating with external systems like our accounting system and our Chase bank account in order to make employees' direct deposits for reimbursement. We like Expensify the best out of the alternatives we've explored and just want to make sure that we won't run into similar problems using it.

Thanks in advance for your input!

------------------------------
Kaitlin Miller
Director of Operations
Community Solutions

2.  RE: Experience using Expensify?

Posted 6 days ago
For the past few months now we've been using Bill.com since we relocated our home office and I'm the primary authorizing signature on the account in a different location. We found it simple for dual approving of invoices, great integration with our QuickBooks system even in a hosted server environment and for staff, because it uses EFT as a payment option, staff along with vendors register and payments are processed directly. No checks, no mailing - so far so good!

Michael Sola
Executive Vice President
Fight Colorectal Cancer
Springfield, MO

3.  RE: Experience using Expensify?

Posted 5 days ago
We had looked at Expensify, but at the time found that it would require extensive customization to meet our needs, I think because of having both 501c3 and c4 entities and a lot of coding. It was also mainly an expense report solution, and we were looking for a more comprehensive AP solution. We have been using Anybill for the past two years, and it's been pretty good! Our finance team can speak to it more depth. 

Miriam Savad
Director of Data and Technology
Center for Community Change

4.  RE: Experience using Expensify?

Posted 6 days ago

We used Expensify for a while – I did like it – however, when we changed from QuickBooks to Abila MIP accounting – it was unable to handle all of the required coding – limited number of fields allowed.

I thought we got a pretty good service for relatively low $ - it just didn't scale up for all of the expense codes needed – Fund, Program, GL, Grant etc.

To schedule a meeting or phone call – click HERE

Stuart F. McClain, MBA, CPA(inactive), CITP

Controller

General Phone: (760) 674-9992 ext. 101

Direct Dial: (760) 469-4371

AmazonSmile-RAP-SmallIE Capaciteria