CommBuild

last person joined: 8 days ago 

Focused on building and sustaining online and offline communities for nonprofits and other mission-driven organizations.
The CommBuild group is focused on building and sustaining online and offline communities for nonprofits and other mission-driven organizations. Anyone interested in community building, whether you are formally in a community management job or not, is welcome to join the group.

Current organizers: Praan Misir + Recruiting 1-2 volunteers to help nurture this group
Short link: http://community.nten.org/commbuild
Anyone can join and contribute to this group! Just create an account to get started.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

Introductions!

Welcome to the Community Building CoP! After a brief hiatus, we’re back and excited to re-engage with all of you talented, dynamic, and fun people, as we discuss how to build and broaden engagement within our respective nonprofit communities....

• Trello! ------Original Message------ That is a really great idea. I have seen the outreach of volunteer welcomers , but never thought of it as a community role. Thanks for pointing that out and look forward to seeing more. I have been...

• Great list, Katie. I have been struggling with content calendars. Can't seem to find one that fits my personality. Mine is more of a spreadsheet combined with reminders in Slack. I would love to see a good community content calendar if you have one....

• That is a really great idea. I have seen the outreach of volunteer welcomers , but never thought of it as a community role. Thanks for pointing that out and look forward to seeing more. I have been dreaming about the author's suggestions for...

• I love this thread, Doug! Earlier this year, NTEN published a fantastic article about the value of personal welcomes from community members (rather than just community managers): http://www.nten.org/article/a-case-for-personally-welcoming-your-newbies/...

1 person recommends this.